Friday, February 4, 2011

Shabbat Shalom!

I am still in Jerusalem and it is soooooooooooo rainy.  I did not bring any remotely appropriate rain shoes, so I had to wear my mocassins on our walk around the first Jewish neighborhood outside of the old city.  It was awful my feet were completely soaked through and now my feet are dyed orange.  Not a good look. Aside from the walk around the Jewish 'hood, we also went to the old city and sort of did a "3 religions" tour...we went to the church of the Holy Sepulcre (sp?) where Jesus was supposedly buried, so it is the most holy Christian site.  We also went to the temple mount which was super cool, it is sort of ill advised to go there by yourself so we were lucky to be able to go with the group.  Then we went to the kotel.  Unfortunately it was freezing this day as well and our tour guide was pretty terrible so I just sort of imagined what went on in these parts because it was so difficult to listen to him!  Ummm for you guys who have been to Israel before, the only place I have really eaten at is Aroma!  Soooooo good I am obsessed with the "345 calories of Good Health" sandwich there and the lattes of course.
It also sounds like my internship is a go, I still haven't had my interview but my co-ordinator basically said not to worry.  
I think that is all to tell for now.  It is shabbat and I'm being pretty BA by being on my laptop in the lobby!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Is it really lame that it literally takes me a good minute to understand all of your slang? I feel like an old lady :P

    ReplyDelete